Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Purls!

I finally figured out how to do a purl stitch continental style. I had been having problems with how most tutorials have you do it, because it involves pulling the yarn down with your finger or thumb; I just don't like doing that. I finally found a video showing a "Norweigen" or "Finnish" version of purling continental style and it seems to work well enough. The stitches are a little bit loose, but I expect them to tighten up as I get used to doing it.

I'm 3/4ths done with the double-knit scarf, which is good, coz I really want to be done with it. It's been a good exercise, because I've gotten comfortable doing both American and Continental style in the same project. I want to try cabling next and maybe socks. So, we'll see. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment