Monday, March 2, 2009

Stitches West!

On Saturday, I went with A & S over to Stitches West. It was my first time at this event....and OMG, the thrall of women (and a few sprinkled men) in the Santa Clara Convention center was insane. It wasn't the feeding frenzy of costumers in Costume College's Friday market, but, it's pretty darn close.

And there were a few instances of B.O wafting in the throngs of people that we quickly had to leave those areas. There were also more than a few instances of catty-ness looking at various creations people had made (and seriously, a knitted shawl of fuzzy orange that matches your hair color exactly is not necessarily a "good thing....")

There was lots of yarn and lots of doo-dads for everything you could possibly want to do with any sort of fiber arts.

I did buy some yarn, but I wasn't too overly pleased with some of the coloration I had seen. There were some very gorgeous dyes on some of the yarns, but nothing screamed out at me to BUY ME NOW unlike moments I've had at the LA Garment District. LOL.

The whole first Stitches West experience was fun. A&S showed me around, answering my various questions and introducing me to a few things. I bought one pattern (hedgehog), one book (Cat Bordhi's book, "New Pathway for Sock Knitters" as I really want to get into sock knitting.), and some yarn for a few projects (mostly socks) that I had in mind. I probably could have then wandered looking at the various doodads, but my back was protesting.

A graciously lent me her KnitPicks options set so I could try them out for myself to see if the wood versions would be a good fit. I intend on using them on a pair of wrist warmers as soon as I'm done with that extra sock for DH

No comments:

Post a Comment