Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Knee High Socks

I finished my knee-high socks; casting off the last pair tonite. They've been washed and are psuedo-blocking (as in drying on towels because my wire-hanger ones are for short socks).

_MG_9433

I did try working a gauge on the Serenity shawl kit that J gave to me, but the recommended needle (Size US 4) is too small, so I'm going down a needle size and re-gauging. Unfortunately, I have problems with needles smaller than US 4, because they wreck havoc with my hands. I can do short stints on US3s, but not for long. So, I'll work on the gauge and see where that leaves me.

If THAT doesn't work, I have to find a new project to work on the train. I might make myself a pair of "photo" gloves. Fingerless gloves with a mitten cap; or add fingers only for the last two fingers (I need the thumb, index, and middle to operate the camera and lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment