Thursday, October 15, 2009

Half a Pound of Wool & an FO

Last night (10/14), I (more or less) finished the final skein for my 3-ply sock yarn that I've been working on for the past month. I *suspect* that I am a wee bit short on the final ply, but I still have roving of that dye lot so I can make more if I need to do so.

However, I'm *itching* to finish the project, dammit. My patience is thinning as it's been over a month since I started it. Nearly 1/2 pound of wool is a lot to get through. You wouldn't think so, but when you only spin about 10-15 minutes a day, it's a lot of wool to get through (on a spindle).



On the plus side, I finished DH's heel-less / toe-less socks last night. That man has very large feet, and it took *forever* to get those darn things done.

Unfortunately, as I finished casting off the socks, I got a ping on Ravelry from another knitter asking if I would be willing to part with some of the Purple Smooshy yarn because he needed my particular colorway for a pair of socks *he* was making. Of course, this was the same yarn I had *just* finished using on the aforementioned socks and had about 8" of yarn left.

So I let him know the unfortunate news then tried to retrieve said socks so I could properly block and finish the ends....alas to no avail as he didn't want to take them off. So I settled on taking a photo instead.

Circus Socks

No comments:

Post a Comment