Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In Between Projects (Kinda - Sorta)

Since I've finished my Ribby Cardigan, which was a huge project, I'm waffling between wanting to start a new project and finishing up my old projects.

I want to start a new sweater, but I still have one last Solstice/holiday gift to finish, not to mention finish the 2nd of a pair of socks and a shawl. The gift is rather simple and shouldn't take that much time to finish. However, I've already knit up 3 of the same item (in different yarns), so I'm kinda "blah" about the whole thing. I still have 2 months, right?

Consequently, as a matter of avoidance I'm finishing up my second sock (2" left in the cuff), and looking at my sweater yarn for Chic Knits, Cerissara, and really really wanting to at least get a gauge swatch started. Now, a gauge swatch isn't really starting a project yet, is it? And therefore, not *really* a project, and it's certainly NOT starting a new sweater.

Oh, and I started a new bobbin of the Ashland merino (garnet) that I had been spinning up so I can get all of the plying done on that. Certainly, a spinning WIP isn't a "new" project at all, right?

I think I'm just avoiding the last of the holiday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment