Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Knitter Network

Today, I headed over to JoAnn's to pick up heavy duty red thread for DH, who needed it for his project. They had their typical 40-50% flyers at the front of the store so I picked one up. I found the thread and thought to also pick up more locking stitch markers, because I needed more.

Then I saw they had 30% off all their knitting books, and I found Nicky Epstein's book, Beyond the Edge.



I had heard good things about the book, and after flipping through it, was pretty much convinced that it needed to come home with me. PLUS, you can't beat the 30% off.

When I got to the register, the cashier commented on the book & told me she had taken Nicky's class at this "big knitting event" that happens every year. When I asked if it was at Stitches, she smiled, then we geeked a bit about Stitches & Nicky's book. I asked her about Nicky's class. (Luckily, there was no one else waiting in line).

When she rung the book up, it didn't ring up the 30% off, but she graciously took the coupon and took off 40%. THEN she ran the stitch markers also at 40% (Normally, you can only use a coupon once!) But I did have to pay full price for the thread. LOL

So, yes, go-go Knitter's Network!

No comments:

Post a Comment