Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ren Faire Outfit Completed

I've been working on this particular outfit on-and-off for the past two months. I completed the skirt in about 2 hours, but neglected to hem (as I hate hemming) for some time.

The bodice also took about 3 hours, but I neglected to add the grommets (as I hate grommetting) for some time.

Finishing work is a Pain In the Posterior. So, both languished in the UFO bin for a bit until I finally got off my duff to get to work. (Plus I had to wear these to the upcoming Ren Faire, so they needed to be finished.

Grommetting took only about an hour. Hemming took another hour. But the results are great.

Ren Faire Outfit - Linen

(The upper half of the mannequin isn't quite the right size for me, but is perfect for hemming skirts)

Ren Faire Outfit - Linen

No comments:

Post a Comment