Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another FO: Socks!

I have another finished object hot off the needles. It's another pair of vanilla socks, knitted using Alegría by Manos del Uruguay, which is 75% wool + 25% nylon. Hopefully, this means the socks will wear well, because I'm fairly hard on my socks (as previous handknitted socks can attest.

I've named this project my "Happy Feet" socks because Alegria means happiness in the Spanish language, and knitting with this yarn made me especially happy.

FO Happy Feet Socks

Can I just say how much I really like this yarn?


It's got oranges, purples, blues, and greens, and there was very very little pooling in the knitting of it. I have a little bit more than half the skein left (as one skein is 445 yards), and I shall be knitting fingerless gloves out of the rest of the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment