Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving into Start-itis

Sometimes, you just have to give into an idea. On Black Friday at the the Pajama-Jammie Jam hosted by Purlescence Yarns, I found some awesome yarn --- Manos del Uruguay. The colorway is called "Locura Flou" (which translates into Fuzzy Madness? at least according to an approximate Google translation.....)

Untitled

I love the colors, but wasn't sure how it was going to work up in a given sock yarn. One of my friends at the shop showed me a pattern showcasing a colorful skein of yarn, which wasn't quite what I was looking for, but gave me an awesome idea, but I needed a black skein of similar weight. Unfortunately, they didn't have any Manos solid colour yarn where I could temper down the vivid colours of this skein, so I picked up something that was close enough.


Untitled

I "was" going to wait to cast on what I had envisioned until I could finish another WIP, because I get antsy if I have too many things on-the-needles, but I really really couldn't resist.

Untitled

I totally gave into temptation. I did a quick gauge swatch, then started knitting.  I've dubbed it "Stained Glass". It's going to be AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment