Monday, May 5, 2014

Blocked & Finished Objects Weekend

This past weekend, I managed to get two items blocked & finished for wearing! These projects were already very close to finishing so I just decided to push through to finishing and blocking

  • A skinny Clapotis scarf made from my handspun Cashmere & Silk from Abstract fibers in the colorway, Malificent.
  • The Color Affection shawl knit with MissBabs fingering weight yarn

It's always amazing what blocking can really do for a shawl.

The Clapotis was a nice knit and went pretty fast. I had to rip back a couple of times; once for a dropped stitch that wasn't supposed to be dropped and once because I missed a KTOG and YO in the same row.

Blocking Clapotis
Skinny Clapotis

Dropping all of the stitches was a bit tedious. However, it came out fabulously, and I can't wait to wear it.

Skinny Clapotis
Skinny Clapotis

I had been "almost" done with the Color Affection for nearly two months, only needing to finish the last two inches of the bottom most border (in blue). However, long rows in garter stitch are rather boring, so I procrastinated.

This weekend, I was procrastinating on doing something else, and got the bug to just finish this shawl. Of course, I ended up staying up until 2am to get 1.5 inches (3cm done) ; and then decided the next morning it was big enough and just bound it off.

A Wet & Unblocked Color Affection
Unblocked Color Affection


It took 3 of the large 24x24" squares to block it. Luckily, it was a warm day and it dried very fast. Although, a breeze did try to move it several times.

Blocking Color Affection
Blocking Color Affection


Afterwards, I wove in all the ends. Viola! Finished object.

Blocked & Finished Color Affection
Blocked & Finished Color Affection

It feels good to get projects done. Now, I just have to finish sewing for Fanime!

No comments:

Post a Comment