Monday, August 18, 2014

Three FO Weekend

This weekend was a "Finished Object" weekend, with THREE knitting projects cast-off and photographed! (happy dance)

I had friends and family in town for the weekend, so I knew I wasn't going to get much sewing done, so I made sure to have some simple projects handy for me to work on, while visiting with them. I haven't had much time to really knit, so this was a welcome respite from the massive amount of costuming/sewing that I've done over the past few months.

First, I finished up some holiday knitting, by completing a hat that my youngest nephew requested. He wanted a red beanie with orange stripes.
(Strib pattern using Cascade 220 superwash, because I like my SIL).

Next up, I finished grafting up a pair of vanilla socks using the Fish Kiss Lips heel. (I only had the decreases left on the toe.) It was knit with Paton's Kroy superwash sock yarn, which I used previously and really liked.


Then I picked up a long standing UFO, my Denver Cowl, which only needed about 6 rows before casting off. It's a lovely cowl using Miss Babs worsted yarn, but the Daisy Chain stitch used on the cowl is very hard on my hands (a lot of folks had trouble with the stitch upon reading everyone's Ravelry notes). I made the cowl half the size as prescribed by the pattern, and it's plenty wide & long enough for me to wear comfortably.



Also, because the Miss Babs YOWZA skeins are pretty generous, I have enough to make a matching hat! Now, to figure out what to start next.

If I finish three projects, I can start three new ones, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment