Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Gift of a Shawl.

It's not that often that I get any hand-crafted gifts. It's not that I don't want them, but I know how much time and effort it takes to create something and my friends/family are busy with their own schedule and projects. Consequently, whenever I get a handcrafted gift, it makes me super happy, pleased, and just extremely grateful.

This past weekend, a friend's mom (another knitter) sent us whole bunch of knitted shawls, and cowls via her daughter; sending an array of items that she thought we might like. All of us oooh'ed and aaaahh'd over the workmanship (each person being a maker herself) and picked out what suited her the most.



I picked out a shawl, Spellbound, designed by Boo Knits, in a lovely gold merino / silk blend. Let me tell ya...the workmanship is gorgeous. She knitted it with beads! (Something I have not yet had the gumption to do). And it's blocked beautifully.



For each knitted piece, she included a card with the name of the design as well as the fiber type of the yarn. I developed a love for shawls when my office got too cold, but where it was too warm to wear a sweater, except that I hate knitting shawls -- all the miles and miles and miles of stitches. But, this shawl is perfect.

And let me tell ya, getting a knitted gift like this shawl is just all sorts of amazing awesomeness. It kinda makes me wish I had more friends that knitted me gifts. :-)

For those interested, she has her own Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment