Monday, December 8, 2014

Sewing: Project Bags Galore

I've been trying to get back into sewing, but between the holidays, time constraints, and other projects, I haven't been able to really dive into any new larger projects. So, in lieu of larger sewing projects, I've been working on small project bags that only take about 20 minutes to make each one. It satisfies a quick need to just make something small without a lot of effort. It's the basic pattern I've used to make small project bags.

Also, I participated in a knitting swap for the Savvy Girls Podcast (Swapetition 2), so I also made some project bags for my secret swappee. I think it's a nice personlized touch.

I found some lovely remnant fabric at Joann's Fabrics that were just enough to make a project bag or two....

(My swapee received a project bag big enough for socks)

...including this lovely print of Disney Villainess. It made a nice medium size bag that is big enough for a sport-weight shawl project.

I had this fabric in my StashTM that I purchased from the LA Garment District. If you look closely, it has tiny skulls in the middle of the fleur de lises. It made a very nice reticule for some of my historical clothing (and double as a knitting project bag).

My Boys were on hand to help supervise the making of the bags. Little do they realize that it's primarily to keep them out of my fiber!


No comments:

Post a Comment