Monday, January 26, 2015

Knitting in Seattle

I recently went on a trip to Seattle for a bit of business, but I also had enough time for a bit of fun. I managed to see friends and family, as well as stop by the LYS that was about a 5-minute drive from my hotel.


The place was very nice, well-lit, and had a good selection of different fibers and yarns. The staff were pleasant and very helpful.


I wanted to get something to remember my trip to Seattle, but that was also a specialized item. They had Black Trillium fibers (a local yarn company in Portland, OR, which is 3 hours from Seattle.). After much agonizing on choice, I picked up a fingering weight merino/silk blend in the colorway, "Decay" --- a lovely varigated of greys, purples, blues, and golds. It somewhat reminds me of the grey skies of Seattle with a hint of the sun and blue skies peaking through the clouds.

They also had these magnetic button shawl "pins" that were pretty strong. So, I picked one up.


Because I was travelling, I brought three projects with me (two shawls and a pair of gloves). I ended up working primarily on  Unleaving from Knitty 2012, which I managed to finish!

The pre-blocked version

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I had about 20 yards of yarn left over (which meant I could have probably knit a longer version), but I can mix it with another similar yarn to make a matching set of gloves or whatnought.

But for now, the shawl is blocked and drying.

I'm finally getting through my backlog of UFOs from 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment