Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Finished Objects for 2016

Knitting-wise, 2016 has gotten off to a great start. I've finished a bunch of projects this January alone. Of course, I've also had a bit of start-itis, so finishing these projects is a good thing. Surprisingly, all of my knitting has been gift-knitting thus far.

It's an unusual occurrence for me, but my recipients have been pretty happy.


First FO for 2016....a watch cap. Using Cascade 220 Tweed (in purple), I made a basic watch cap using a broken rib pattern. It's nice, but not quite me. But I do have a friend who LOVES purple and I owe her a gift.

My boss asked me for fingerless gloves, if I was ever inclined to knit anything for her. She's an awesome boss, so I decided, why not?!?

I used Abstract Fibers Super Sock in their "Asia" colorway. It's a HUGE skein. I made her a pair, and will be making socks for myself as there is plenty left over.

I felt kinda weird giving my boss a knitted gift without giving my othercolleague her own little knitted thing. She's an awesome person and I know she'd appreciate this type of hat.

I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran from my stash. It's your basic Elizabeth Zimmerman tam. I cast on 72 stitches, knit the ribbing, ballooned it to 144 (after doing eyelets), then decreased after 7 inches.

The ribbon is a 3/8 inch purple satin ribbon that I had in my Sewing Stash.

I've been sick or travelling a lot in January so have gotten a lot of knitting done. I hope this continues for 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment